I couldn’t be more thankful that it’s finally SPRING! There is just something about the weather change that cleanses my soul. Even though we haven’t had beautiful weather every day here, I know it’s coming. Every single year when spring rolls around I find myself busting open all the windows in the house to let all the fresh air in. And I always get inspired to clean everything in my house! So, let’s get into my tips and tricks.
- Make a List! The first tip I have is to make a list of everything that you need to get done by room. For example, in my kitchen I like to wipe down the cupboards inside and out, organize the cupboards, dust the blinds and throw the curtains in the dryer, wash all the windows, clean off the counter and sterilize it, clean all appliances, wipe down the sink, clean out the fridge, sterilize the table, then sweep and scrub the floors. I also like to get rid of anything that I hadn’t really used in the past year. This really helps me stay focused and able to complete one room before moving on to the next.
- Pick a Path! I always start my cleaning at the front door and work my way around the house counter-clockwise. Now I have a one story home, so those of you with two or more stories may like to start at the top floor and work your way down. But the main idea here is to pick a path and stick to it! It also helps eliminate distractions and keep you focused.
- Work Top-Down! The best way to clean a room is to start from the highest point in the room and work your way down to the floors. This prevents you from having to go back and clean something you’ve already cleaned! If you mop the floors first and then dust, some of that dust is going to end up back on the floor. No bueno!
- Carry a Caddy! Keep all of your cleaning supplies in one single caddy, basket or bucket. I personally just use a plastic caddy similar to this one. This makes moving from one room to the next a breeze.
- Listen to Music! Just as with working out, music can motivate you to get moving and kick some cleaning butt! I love using Spotify to pick a playlist for the day. There are some amazing playlists already made on there, but you can also create your own with music you love.
Those are my top tips to keep me organized and focused while spring cleaning. It’s a very demanding and time consuming task which is why I need to make things as simple as possible. Now I want to get into some of my favorite, go-to cleaning products.
Starting with the kitchen, some products I love using baking soda, stainless steel wipes, antibacterial all purpose cleaner, sponges, and magic erasers. Baking soda seriously has SO many different uses. Not only does it make my sink sparkle, but it also cleans the inside of the oven and microwave beautifully. There are tons of things you can do with baking soda aside from baking! If you’ve never tried it, you need to! Also, since all of my appliances are stainless steel, these Weiman Stainless Steel wipes make cleaning them such a breeze. Then finally, this Method Antibac All Purpose cleaner is amazing! It cleans up everything from the stove top and counters to our baby’s high chair. I love using an anitbacterial cleaner in the kitchen to prevent any weird germs from the foods getting out of control.
Next for the bathroom, I enjoy using the Method Daily Shower spray, Honest mulit-surface cleaner, Clorox toilet bowl cleaner, and a scrubbing brush for the tiles. The Method Daily Shower spray prevents the shower from getting gross buildup and keeps our bathroom smelling fresh. Then I like using the Honest Mulit-Surface cleaner on our sink and outside of the toilet. Next I use the Clorox to clean inside the toilet to kill any bacteria. Bathrooms are pretty basic to me, so my routine for in there is pretty simple.
Then finally, here are the products I use all throughout the house. I use a swiffer duster to go over all the surfaces before using my Pledge Dust & Allergen spray to wet dust. I use Lysol to mop all the hardwood floors in the house and then I sprinkle this Glade carpet powder on all the carpets prior to vacuuming them. At the end of the day, I like to take a second to wipe down anything else with some disinfecting wipes and I will spray Febreeze with Gain on all the furniture to make it smell nice and fresh!
What are some of your favorite spring cleaning tips and products you use?
See ya later!